Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Big Gulps, Huh?

Ever get really nervous before speaking in front of a class? Well, I usually don't, but before I began to teach my activity for Lab C, I found myself a little nervous. I had to assess another student before my lesson, and while it was getting closer to my time to teach, I found myself telling me to breathe. I wanted to make sure that I did a good job while teaching, trying to cover as many key points as possible. I figured that I wanted to treat this lab very professionally, and try to do the best job that I could. I felt confident in my lesson, and although it was far from perfect, I was satisfied with the way I delivered it, until I went over the the clipboard. Apparently, it wasn't as good as I had originally had expected. The most important thing about my first Lab C "class," was that I learned a lot of things that will help me down the road in Lab D. I am thankful that I learned a few lessons about teaching and teaching style throughout my first Lab C, and am looking forward to being able to utilize the lessons I've learned in future teaching experiences.

No comments: